Archival Site 2004-2006 see See http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Cheap Attention-Grabbing Contest

We're still in threat level Mushroom Soup here, but I figured maybe I should have a contest while I'm away and make sure there's some Kirby stuff on the web.

The Prize, a low-grade copy of CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED #35, with all that great Kirby/Ayers artwork. This is one of the reprints (HRN-167 for people who know about CI identification), a bit beat up and with a bit ripped off the backcover, but the Kirby story is complete, isn't that easy to find and might never see a decent reprinting.

To win, if you have a weblog of your own, post something about Kirby in the next few days (nothing fancy required, just a few sentences about your favourite story or character or whatever), and post the URL in the comments section of this post. If you don't have a blog, feel free to just post in the comments section, or e-mail me something at yahoo dot com address kirby_weblog (yes, trying to avoid spam, you can figure that out) with permission to post it and and I'll throw it up on this weblog sometime soon. Give me about a week and I'll pick a winner at random.

And thanks to Fred Hembeck, whose comics about Kirby's FF (in particular the sad history of Doctor Doom) I was reading before I'd read more than one of the actual issues, for the plug and kind words, and posting the great cover to the Marvelmania catalog from 1970 (which I'd only seen in a small b&W repro in an early KIRBY COLLECTOR, and which will no doubt show up on this weblog someday).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger